7-Day Yala Snow Mountain Adventure Trekking Tour and Trip in Danba
Yala Snow Mountain or Yala Kamiyama
The Yalayongcuo Lake in Yala Snow Mountain Area
The Snow Mountain Range in Yala Snow Mountain Area
The Xindianzi Grassland in Yala Snow Mountain Area
Danba Beauties are Performing with unique Jiarong Tibetan Costume
Tour Outline: 7 Days & 6 Nights
Chengdu(1 N) - Zhonggu Village(1 N) - Xindianzi(1 N) - Yalayongcuo(1 N) - Danba (2 N) - Chengdu
- Service Inclusion
- ENQUIRE NOW
Yala Snow Mountain, also named as Yala Kamiyama, is one of the perfect trekking places in the western Sichuan for most outdoor enthusiasts. The mountain lies at the border between Kangding, Danba and Daofu counties of Sichuan Province. Mount Yala is capped by snow all year round and is one of the four holy mountains worshipped by the local Tibetans.
This trekking tour is one of the most popular tours, and will start from Zhonggu Village 29km away from Kangding county to Taizhangou. On the way, we will gently ascend to Yala Pass at 4,210m and camp near the jade-green Yalayongcuo Lake at 3,980m, and then have one day to see unique ancient Diaolou and the most beautiful Jiaju Tibetan Village in Danba.
- [Yala Kamiyama] Have a 3-day adventure trekking tour at this beautiful holy mountain area in Western Sichuan;
- [Trekking] Trekking from Zhanggu Village, passing through Yala Pass, camping near to Yalayongcuo Lake will be the climax of this tour;
- [Jiaju Tibetan Village] It was selected as one of the most beautiful six villages in China by the Chinese National Geographic Magazine;
- [Suopo Diaolou Group] 175 ancient Diaolou standing proudly on the both side of Dadu River, making Danba be praised as "a kingdom of one thousand castles"
Best Time to Visit
all year round
Physical demand & necessary equipment for high altitude camping and hiking
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Chengdu Arrival
Upon your arrival at the Chengdu Shuangliu international airport, our tour guide will meet you and escort you to your hotel in Chengdu downtown. The rest of the day is yours to relax and have a good rest.
Direct International Flights to Chengdu
Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport offers more than 65 international airlines ranked the fourth domestic airline after Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. The direct airlines directly link Chengdu with Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne, New York, London, Vancouver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Anchorage, Paris, Frankfurt, Seoul, Bangkok, Tokyo and more. Click here to check the map of Chengdu direct international airlines.
Day 2: Chengdu - Ya'an - Kangding - Zhonggu Village (357km)
Erlang Mountain Tunnel
After breakfast at your hotel in Chengdu, we will start your journey to Yala Snow Mountain (Yala Kamiyama). Driving on the Chengdu-Ya'an Highway and turning to G318, you will enjoy the beautiful natural sceneries of western Sichuan. After driving through Erlangshan Tunnel, a sunshine day with blue sky will turn out, and then you reach to the Dadu River Grand Canyon which is the largest one in western Sichuan.
Upon arrival in Kangding, we will explore Kangding's bustling streets to buy the necessary supplies for your hiking in the next few days. Then drive to Zhonggu Village and stay overnight in a local villagers' home. There are natural hot springs nearby in which you can relax.
- Drive 327km from Chengdu to Zhonggu Village
- High Altitude: Chengdu (540m), Erlangshang (4100m)
- Internet & Wifi: NO
- Zhonggu Village local guestroom
- Breakfast, Lunch
Day 3: Trek from Zhonggu Village to Xindianzi Grassland (18km)
Camp at Xindianzi
After an evening of resting, we will start your adventure hiking journey with the morning sun and glittering dew. Our first day is easy for walking and it takes four or five hours on 18 kilometers wild road. Each step moves us away from the bustle of the city and further into the vast wilderness which inspires so much of Tibetan culture. Passing through the Yala river valley and enjoying the blue sky and jagged peaks before camping in the beautiful Xindianzi Grassland (also East Hillside Camp Base) for the night.
- Hike 18km, about 4-5 hours
- High Altitude: Zhonggu Village (3,002m), Xindianzi (3,600m)
- Internet & Wifi: NO
- Camp in Xindianzi Camp Base
- Meals: NO
Day 4: Trek from Xindianzi to Yalayongcuo Lake (18km)
Trek through the Yala Pass
Today 18km hiking route from Xindianzi to Yalayongcuo Lake, covers the highest Yala Pass of the trip at about 4,216m, where you will be able to enjoy the stunning views and soak up the incredible alpine atmosphere. Through the pass, we arrive at Sisters Lakes also at 4,200. Then we will see the jade-green Yalayongcuo Lake, and walk down on a gentle sloping path to the bank of the Lake for camping, and then have a sumptuous meal in front of a roaring fire.
- Hike 18km, about 6-7 hours
- High Altitude: Yala Pass (4,216m), Yalayongcuo Lake (3,980m)
- Internet & Wifi: NO
- Camp at the bank of Yalayongcuo Lake
- Meals: NO
Day 5: Trek from Yalayongcuo Lake to Taizhangou Valley (8km), take a car to Danban County (58km)
Today, we do the last 8km hiking route from Yalayongcuo Lake to Taizhangou Valley. On the way, we walk on the mountain route and enjoy the snow-capped peaks, passing the Zhara Holy Mountain and Donggu Spring. After the easy walking downhill, we arrive at the Taizhangou where our car waits for us and transfer us to Danba county.
- Hike 8km, and drive 58km
- High Altitude: Taizhangou (3,400m), Danba (1800m)
- Internet & Wifi
- Danba local hotel
Day 6: Danba County - Jiaju Tibetan Village - Suopo Diaolou - Danba County (49km)
The Entrance of Jiaju Tibetan Villlage
The Gudiao of Suopo Diaolou Group
After breakfast, we drive 8.5km from Danba County to visit Jiaju Tibetan Village. It was selected as one of the most beautiful six villages in China by the Chinese National Geographic Magazine. The village has more than 140 families. More than 200 colorful Tibetan buildings spread over the green mountain under the blue sky, forming a stunning landscape painting. The houses are all distinctive with crown-shaped roofs, red eaves and white walls.
In the afternoon, move on to Suopo and visit Diaolou Group. Actually, there are 175 ancient Diaolou standing proudly on the both side of Dadu River. Because of this, Danba County has been praised as "a kingdom of one thousand castles". Then be transferred back to your hotel in the county.
- Drive 49km
- High Altitude: Danba (1800m), Jiaju (2200m), Suopo (1900m)
- Internet & Wifi
- Danba Local Hotel
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7: Danba - Chengdu (430km)
Today, drive from Danba county back to Chengdu along Dadu River. After lunch at Luding, drive through Erlangshan Tunnel and reach Chengdu downtown in late afternoon. Then be escorted to your hotel or airport/ train station for your next destination.
- Drive 430km, about 7.5hours
- High Altitude: Danba (1800m), Chengdu (540m)
- Hotel: NO
- Breakfast, Lunch
Price Details & Guide
- Private transportation to the destinations and sites listed in the itinerary; ranging from 4WD land cruiser to bus depending on the group size and trip route; car gasoline, road toll and in-transport refreshments (free bottles of water, air pillow and headscarf) are included;
- Lodging: one night in Chengdu business hotel; one night in Zhonggu Village guestroom; two nights in camping in Yala area (sleeping bag is not included), two nights in Danba local hotel;
- Private experienced English-speaking trip leader;
- Airport/railway station pick-up and send-off services at the beginning/end of the tour;
- Entrance ticket fees for all the sight spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals listed in the itinerary (3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners);
- First aid kit;
- A coverage of 300,000RMB Chartis travel insurance;
- International and domestic flight/train to Chengdu (Note: we accept the domestic flight/train tickets booking to Chengdu from other cities in advance, check the updated ticket availibility and cost with your travel consultant);
- Meals that are not specified in the itinerary (Averagely a meal in the 3rdpole region cost 3~10USD per person);
- Sleeping bag;
- Tips and gratuities for the trip leader and driver;
- The expense of a personal nature like alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone call, etc;
- Optional activities and excursions not specified in the itinerary;
- China Entry visa fees;
Once we receive your tour deposit, which is followed by signing the contract, your reservation is secured with legitimacy. Our staff will reserve the accommodation, vehicle, site tickets, meals and more, and pay the deposit for our suppliers. So if you want to alter to another itinerary, you need to cover the deposit we've paid, while no service charge is needed if you make some changes on the itinerary you booked.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you cancel the tour beacuse of your personal issues, you will be liable to pay cancellation charges that are bounded by 3rdpoletour.com cancellation policy as follows:
1.) If you cancel the tour more than 30 days before the trip starts, you will forfeit 10% of the total land cost per person;
2.) If you cancel the tour 15-30 days prior to your trip start date, 20% of your total land tour cost will be forfeited as a cancellation fee.
3.) If you cancel the tour 7-15 days before the trip starts, you will forfeit 30% of land cost.
4.) If you cancel the tour 7 days prior to your tour start date, you will forfeit 50% of land cost.
5.) If you fail to show up or cancel at your scheduled arrival time without prior notice or later than that, you will forfeit 100% of the land cost.
If the tour has to be cancelled because of the natural disaster or the government restrictions that is beyond both parties control, we will charge only USD50 per person, this is just the service fee and larbor fee during the preparation. This is a rare occurrence!
The cancellation fee charged by 3rdpoletour.com will be kept under your name (person who contacted us) for a usable period of 2 years. Within the applicable period you can use it for next time or you can kindly pass your authority to any of your family, friends or colleagues to use by booking a tour with 3rdpoletour.com. A certifying email from you is necessary to pass the cancellation fee to others, but it is only applicable for private group.
Interested in This Tour?
Make an online enquiry, our professional travel expert will contact you within 24 hours. You can also tailor this trip to your own interests.Enquire Now
Tailor Your Own Trip
All of our trips can be customized according to your needs, please feel free to let us know your travel ideas.
More Recommended Trips
9-Day Genie Holy Mountain Hiking Tour from ChengduView Details
9 Days & 8 Nights
Chengdu(1N) - Kangding(1N) - Litang(1N) - Genie camping(3 N) - Litang(1N) - Kangding(1N) - Chengdu
8-Day Nianbaoyuze Trekking and Langmusi Ruoergai Huahu Jiuzhaigou TourView Details
8 Days & 7 Nights
Chengdu(1 N) - Aba(1N) - camp(1N) - Aba(1N) - Langmusi(1N) - Jiuzhaigou(2N) - Chengdu
8-Day Chengdu Daocheng Yading Tagong Danba Loop TourView Details
Chengdu(1 N) - Xinduqiao(1 N) - Daocheng(1 N) - Yading(1 N) - Daocheng (1 N) - Xinduqiao(1 N) - Danba (1 N) - Chengdu
Contact Us for Your Dream Tour Now
Your are enquiring for
Yala Snow Mountain Trekking Tour and Trip in Danba
Price upon Request