Intercontinental Jiuzhaigou Paradise Resort - The Top Luxury Hotel in Jiuzhaigou
Nestled high within the mountains, this upcountry hotel depicts a design that features an ancient city protected under a glass atrium. With 5 restaurants, 2 pools and a peaceful spa, with the serene views of mountains wherever you look at, Intercontinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise is the perfect stay if you are leisure travelling. This hotel is known for its views provided from the rooms and the traditional style furnishings. For a reasonable pay, the facilities offered are a lot. The indoor gardens complemented with ponds, swans, peacocks, plants, gift shops, and the Tibetan style architecture adds beauty to this place. With stylish lounges and authentic cuisine restaurants, this place is a perfect mix of leisure and tradition. The English speaking staff, sufficient western cuisine menu, and proximity to the national park are some of the reasons why tourists opt this place.
Intercontinental Jiuzhai Paradise
Where is Intercontinental Jiuzhaigou Paradise Hotel
Where is Intercontinental Jiuzhaigou Paradise Hotel
Address: Jiuzhai Paradise, Ganhaizi Scenic Area, Zhangzha Town, Jiuzhaigou County, 623402, China
Distance from the Hotel to Jiuzhaigou National Park:
The Jiuzhaigou Valley National Park is 22km from the hotel. It takes around 30mins to reach the park from the hotel. In peak seasons, i.e. April, May, September, and October there is usually a lot of traffic jam. It may take up to 2hrs to reach the valley, so plan accordingly.
Distance from the Hotel to Jiuzhai- Huanglong Airport
The hotel is 67km away from Jiuzhai Huanglong Airport. It takes at least an hour and a half to reach the hotel from the airport.
Distance from the Hotel to Huanglong National Park:
The Huanglong National Park is 106km away from the hotel. It takes at least 2hrs to reach.
How to Travel from Intercontinental Jiuzhaigou Paradise Hotel
Hotel transportation to Jiuzhaigou National Park, Jiuzhai- Huanglong Airport, and Huanglong National Park is provided upon request. There is also a tour desk where any additional information can be clarified. Most of the staffs speak English so it is easy to communicate.
Intercontinental Jiuzhaigou Paradise Hotel Rooms
1) Executive rooms/ Club rooms: It is located in the higher floors of the building, with great views and is decorated in Zang and Qiang style. Each room comes with 2 complimentary free spa coupons. There is Executive King (smoking/ non- smoking), Executive Queen (smoking/ non- smoking.)
2) Suites: Furnished with Tibetan & Qiang hand-crafted furniture, suite rooms provide the best views with optional private balconies. There is superior suite smoking/ non- smoking rooms, Suite double, king suite (smoking/ non- smoking), 4 bedroom penthouse suite with kitchen.
3) The other types of classic rooms available are: King room or twin room with mountain view, deluxe room with queen or twin beds, Superior double room with two double beds, standard twin pool view, standards twin (smoking/ non- smoking), business king (smoking/ non-smoking), studio double, business room (2 beds with smoking/ non- smoking.)
Superior double room
There are totally 1,020 rooms in the hotel ranging from suite rooms to studio rooms.
Dining and Restaurant
The Intercontinental Jiuzhai Paradise Hotel has a restaurant for all of your moods and craving. There lounges, bars, cafés and authentic cuisines.
Cafeteria in Intercontinental Jiuzhai Paradise
Maqu Jarpo Grill offers both Western and Asian cuisines with locally grown organic fruits, vegetables and herbs.
Shunxing Restaurant offers traditional Sichuan dishes. This restaurant also has three private dining rooms for meetings or gatherings.
Zang & Qiang Bar is a stylish lobby lounge which overlooks the mountains.
Nongra Café is yet another place within the hotel that is surrounded by majestic views of the mountains.
Sanchyo Restaurant provides with a fine authentic Japanese cuisine, this restaurant offers everything traditional from hand rolls to noodle bowls.
Since this hotel is far away from the park and other tourist attractions, there are no other restaurants near the hotel. You can only have meals from the hotel’s restaurants.
1) There are 5 multi- purpose meeting spaces. 2) The rooms have satellite TV, free Wi- Fi, mini bar, coffee/ tea maker, and private balconies.
3) There are rejuvenation services like Spa. Tianyu Spa has spring pools that overlook the mountains.
4) There is an indoor pool and fitness center.
5) The hotel also provides with currency exchange and has an ATM.
6) There is a tour desk and business center at the resort.
7) The parking space is free and shuttle services are provided upon request.
8) The hotel also provides you with secretarial services and the business center is staffed and has PC, printers, scanners, and fax machines. The business center functions from 8:00am to 11:00pm.
Tianyu Spa has spring pools that overlook the mountains
Why Choose This Hotel
1) Compared to other hotels in the area, Intercontinental is the best for leisure travel. It is located away from the hustle and the bustle of the incoming travellers.
2) If you are looking for luxury and pamper, you have to look no further. With modern spa, fitness centres, meeting halls, and business centres. This hotel is also perfect for work and leisure.
3) The surrounding views add extra beauty to the hotel. Wherever you turn in the hotel, you will be met with gorgeous views of mountains and alpines. It is much more serene and peaceful compared to Jiuzhai Goukou. The views from the hotel to the valley are also something to look out for.
4) Good service and English speaking staffs make it easier for the tourists staying in the hotel.
Meeting hall in Intercontinental Jiuzhai Paradise
Avoid the Traffic Jam from the Hotel to Jiuzhaigou National Park
Though the distance between the hotel and valley is just 22km, and should ideally take only 30mins, it usually takes twice the time to reach the park. No matter when you leave in the day there is going to be a lot of traffic jam. So it is better to make early departure in the morning to beat a little bit of traffic. But during peak season even in early morning hours there is a lot of traffic.
Best Time to Visit Jiuzhaigou Valley National Park
To experience the best views and best scenic landscapes, autumn is the time. It is breezy, colourful, and simply beautiful. Hues of yellow and green paint the whole valley bright and pleasing to see.
During the warm months of May and April also, the valley gets crowded. In the spring, the waters still recovering from winters are half frozen and half gushing with water, making it all the more beautiful to watch.
To get the cheapest deals in flight and hotel, winter in Jiuzhaigou is the time to go. Since a lot of tourists don’t opt the winter months due to below 0c freezing levels, the prices are relatively cheaper.
The best scenic landscapes in Jiuzhaigou
3 to 6 days small group tours from USD 280 !