8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour
Tour Outline: Lhasa (3N) - Shigatse (1N) - EBC (1N) - Shigatse (1N) - Lhasa (1N)
- Date & Price
- Service Inclusion
- Enquire Now
Taking this classic trip to visit Everest Base Camp from Lhasa, you will not only witness the world highest mountain from the base camp at 5200 meters above the sea level, but also visit the most essential parts of Lhasa and Shigatse, the most imporatant cities in Tibet. You will be emprased by the beauty of Yamdrok Lake, respect to those sacred pilgrims and be amazed by the unique culture of Tibet.
- [Potala Palace] Touch this bright and flawless jewel in the roof of the world;
- [Jokhang Temple] Marvel at the solemn silence with the serene sounds of chanting scriptures;
- [Barkhor Street] Follow the footsteps after the pilgrims and find the peace in your heart;
- [Sera Monastery] Listen to the scriptures debating and comprehend the essence of Buddhism;
- [Yamdrok Lake] Touch the pure water to see if you can turn young again;
- [EBC] Get close to the mighty Mount Everest and have a panorama view of it;
Best Time to Visit
All year round
Very leisure tour; light physical demand for the high altitude
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa
Upon your arrival in Lhasa, our tour guide will meet you and escort you at the Lhasa Gonggar Airport (or Lhasa Railway Station) to your hotel in Lhasa. After checking into your hotel, the rest of the day is free for you to have a good rest and acclimatize yourself to the high altitude at Tibet. Get prepared for your tour in Lhasa.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
- Altitude: Lhasa (3650m)
- Lhasa Business Hotel
Day 2: Lhasa
After breakfast in your hotel, your personal private will pick you up to visit the splendid Potala Palace, the cardinal landmark in Lhasa. The whole morning is for you to appreciate this world-level architectural work.
In the afternoon, you will visit the Johkang Temple, the spiritual center of Tibet. Tibetan people from all over the world come here to kowtow in the front of the entrance with their pure heart.
Finally, you can spend some time walking on around the Jokhang Temple in Barkhor Street where is full of religious atmosphere.
- Drive depends on your location of hotel
- High Altitude: Lhasa (3680m)
- Lhasa business hotel
Day 3: Lhasa
After breakfast in your hotel, you will be picked up to visit Drepung Monastery, one of the "Great Three" Gelug monasteries of Tibet.
In the afternoon, you will head to visit Sera Monastery, another one of the "Great Three" Gelug monasteries in Tibet that founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey, to see the famous scriptures debating in this monastery.
- Drive about 20km
- Altitude: Lhasa (3680m)
- Lhasa business hotel
Day 4: Lhasa to Shigatse
Today, you will be driven to view the Yamdrok Lake, one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet which you can never have a panorama. It is surrounded by snow-capped mountains and fed by numerous small Himalayan streams. Just enjoy the breathtaking blue Yamdrok Lake.
Then, you will head to Gyantse and visit the Pelkor Monastery where displays sculptures, murals and carvings.
After that, you will drive about one hour to Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet. Upon arrival, you will visit Tashilumpo Monastery, the oldest and largest Gelugpa Monastery in Tibet.
- Drive about 260km
- Altitude: Yamdrok Lake (4441m), Shigatse (3900m)
- Shigatse Business Hotel
Day 5: Shigatse to Everest Base Camp
the way to EBC
After getting your Alien's Travel Permit, we will firstly drive to Lhatse and take lunch there.
After lunch, we will keep driving to Shegar, where you may see the Mt.Everest in the distance if the weather is clear.
After dirving about 4 to 6 hours, you will reach to Rongbuk Monastery,the the highest monastery in the world with a height of 4,980 meters. On the way, you will pass Pang-la Pass at 5050 meters above the sea level, where you could see the whole five highest peaks in the world.
- Drive about 340km
- Altitude: Pangla Pass (5050m), Rongbuk Monastery (4980m), EBC (5200m)
- Rongbuk Monastery Guest House
Day 6: Everest back to Shigatse
trek back to Rongbuk Monastery
back to Shigatse
Get up in the early morning, you will view the sunrise over the Mt.Everest on a clear day. Then you may trek from tent to Base camp or go to EBC by local eco-bus.
After visiting base camp, you can visit Rongphu Monastery, the highest monastery in the world (5000m) and belongs to Nyingma sect.
Then, we will drive back to Shigatse stay overnight in Shigatse.
- Drive about 340km
- Altitude: EBC (5200m), Shigatse (3900m)
- Shigatse Local Hotel
Day 7: Shigatse to Lhasa
After breakfast, we will drive about 280km back to Lhasa along the Friendship Highway. The whole journey may takes about 6 hours and you can enjoy the beauriful landscape along the Yarlung Tsangpo River, which is the longest river in Tibet.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
- Drive 264.6km, about 5 hours
- Altitude: Shigatse (3900m), Lhasa (3650m)
- Lhasa Business Hotel
Day 8: Lhasa Departure
This day is free for you until you head to your next destination or take flight to get back home.
- Altitude: Lhasa (3680m)
Date & Price
Price Details & Guide
- All travel documents needed in Tibet, including Tibet Travel Permit, Alien’s Travel Permit, Foreign Affairs Permit and Military Area Entry Permit;
- Group-shared transportation to the destinations and sites listed in the itinerary; ranging from 7 seats Van to 22 seats tourist bus depending on the group size;
- Lodging: four nights in Lhasa 3-star hotel; two night in Shigatse 3-star hotel; one night in Guest house or tent hotel in Everest Base Camp (single room supplement is required in Lhasa and Shigatse, if you travel individually and don’t what to share the room with another tourist);
- Experienced English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
- Entrance ticket fees for all the sight spots listed in the itinerary;
- Welcome dinner at Lhasa when group members meet;
- First aid kit;
- A coverage of 300,000RMB Chartis travel insurance;
- International and domestic flight/train to Lhasa (Note: we accept the domestic flight/train tickets booking to Lhasa from other cities in advance, check the updated ticket availibility and cost with your travel consultant);
- Meals that are not specified in the itinerary (Averagely a meal in the 3rdpole region cost 3~15USD per person in Tibet Autonomous Region);
- Tips and gratuities for the trip leader and driver;
- The expense of a personal nature like alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone call, etc;
- Optional activities and excursions not specified in the itinerary;
- China Entry visa fees;
Once we receive your tour deposit, which is followed by signing the contract, your reservation is secured with legitimacy. Our staff will reserve the accommodation, vehicle, site tickets, meals and more, and pay the deposit for our suppliers. So if you want to alter to another itinerary, you need to cover the deposit we've paid, while no service charge is needed if you make some changes on the itinerary you booked.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you cancel the tour beacuse of your personal issues, you will be liable to pay cancellation charges that are bounded by 3rdpoletour.com cancellation policy as follows:
1.) If you cancel the tour more than 30 days before the trip starts, you will forfeit 10% of the total land cost per person;
2.) If you cancel the tour 15-30 days prior to your trip start date, 20% of your total land tour cost will be forfeited as a cancellation fee.
3.) If you cancel the tour 7-15 days before the trip starts, you will forfeit 30% of land cost.
4.) If you cancel the tour 7 days prior to your tour start date, you will forfeit 50% of land cost.
5.) If you fail to show up or cancel at your scheduled arrival time without prior notice or later than that, you will forfeit 100% of the land cost.
If the tour has to be cancelled because of the natural disaster or the government restrictions that is beyond both parties control, we will charge only USD50 per person, this is just the service fee and larbor fee during the preparation. This is a rare occurrence!
The cancellation fee charged by 3rdpoletour.com will be kept under your name (person who contacted us) for a usable period of 2 years. Within the applicable period you can use it for next time or you can kindly pass your authority to any of your family, friends or colleagues to use by booking a tour with 3rdpoletour.com. A certifying email from you is necessary to pass the cancellation fee to others, but it is only applicable for private group.
Interested in This Tour?
Make an online enquiry, our professional travel expert will contact you within 24 hours. You can also tailor this trip to your own interests.Enquire Now
More Recommended Trips
8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group TourView Details
Lhasa (3N) - Shigatse (1N) - EBC (1N) - Shigatse (1N) - Lhasa (1N)
10 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp and Lake Namtso Small Group TourView Details
Lhasa (3N) - Shigatse (1N) - EBC (1N) - Shigatse (1N) - Lhasa (1N) - Namtso (1N) - Lhasa (1N)
15 Days Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarova Small Group TourView Details
Lhasa (3N) - Shigatse (1N) - Tingri (1N) - EBC (1N) - Saga (1N) - Darchen (1N) - Camping (2N) - Drachen (1N) - Saga (1N) - Shigatse (1N) - Lhasa (1N)
Contact Us for Your Dream Tour Now
Your are enquiring for
Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Small Group Tour